Don's Creamy Crawfish Pasta
2 bunches green onions, minced
2 large garlic toes, minced
1 cup of crawfish stock
1/2 cup of whipping cream
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 pinch tarragon
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups of crawfish tails (about 1 pound) -- you can substitute peeled shrimp for crawfish
1/2 pound of your favorite cooked pasta (I suggest bow-tie pasta or medium shells)
- In a large pot, boil crawfish (or shrimp) shells, and reduce until you have about a cup of concentrate. Strain concentrate from shells.
- Saute garlic and green onions in butter until they are tender
- Mix in stock and a pinch of tarragon
- Mix flour in a little water to get out the lumps and then add to stock.
- Cook over low heat until creamy
- Add whipping cream and crawfish
- Cook about 5 minutes until mixture is thick.
- Serve over pasta, or add pasta to the pan and mix it all together