Shrimp Etouffee Recipe
1 stick butter or margarine
1 large onion chopped
2 cloves minced garlic (or garlic powder)
1 small chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 hot pepper (or several drops of Tabasco Pepper Sauce)
2 Tablespoons of flour
1 pound peeled shrimp (or peeled crawfish tails, or chopped boneless chicken)
- Melt butter in heavy pan and saute vegetables until soft (onion, garlic, bell pepper, celery and pepper sauce)
- Add flour, stir constantly until golden brown.
- Add crawfish tails (salt and pepper to taste)
- Add one cup water or shrimp stock and bring to a boil
- Lower temperature and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add parsley and simmer 5 minutes
- Serve over rice
For additional zest, spice up your meal with a little hot sauce or cajun seasoning.
Are you in a hurry? Try one our mouth-watering and easy-to-prepare etouffee mixes.